Wednesday 13 February 2013

Dial M for Manhattan


New York City. Apparently if I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. Whoever wrote that iconic line has obviously never lived in Dundee.

So I have decided to swap the constant precipitation of Edinburgh for the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. As much as I like the elemental inundation of Scotland, the lure of Americana was too much to resist.


I have swapped out the Saltire for the Stars and Stripes, deep fried offal for deep fried everything. From a land burdened by history to a land still making its own. It should make for an interesting new point of view. 

I look forward to exploring the island, to meeting new and diverse people from every walk of life and absorbing myself into the cultural melting pot that is the city that never sleeps. Over the next few months I will be writing about my adventures, my observations on American life and injecting my sardonic wit into the sarcasm vacuum. 

It should be a lot of fun.

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment